Oven: 350 Makes: 4 Main Dish Servings
4 - 8 inch flavored of plain flour tortillas
1 - 15 ounce can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 - 15 ounce can Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper or 1 fresh jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup light mayo dressing or salad dressing
1 tablespoon lime juice (I used lemon)
Leaf LettuceChopped Red Pepper
1) Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes to soften
2) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mash black beans and garbanzo beans slightly; add pepper and cilantro. Stir in dressing and lime juice
A few notes about this meal.....
1) It is super filling! I got out raw veggies and dip to eat with it, didn't need them.
2) The original recipe does not call for garbanzo beans or red pepper. I just added the beans because I had them and the red pepper because it was starting to go bad. Next time I'll use a whole red pepper.
3) My mouth is on fire. After I tasted the mixture I decided I wanted to spice it up some more. I added 2 fresh jalapeno chili peppers. WOAH! That was a bit too much.
4) I added a little more than a tablespoon of lemon juice.
5) I used dried Cilantro.
6) I think I'm going to use the leftover lettuce and left over bean mixture to make a salad for lunch tomorrow. I have some chicken I'll throw in there too.