7.25.2007

Always a Crowd Pleaser

Today at work we had a food day! I love and hate food days. Love 'em because they give me something to look forward to at work. Hate 'em because I sa-wear I gain 5lbs by the end of the day. We always have fabulous food and today was no exception. I've really been craving my aunt's taco salad lately and today was the perfect excuse to make it.

Aunt Kathy's Taco Salad
(the pictures suck because I took them at work in the land of fluorescent lights, cubicles, and fugly yellow and blue walls.)


1 pound of ground beef or turkey.
1 bag of crushed tortilla chips

1 pack of taco seasoning/ salt and pepper to taste
1 8oz Wishbone Italian Dressing

1 can 16 oz kidney beans Rinsed and drained
1 4 oz jar of taco sauce/salsa

1 head of lettuce
1-2 large tomato sliced into wedges

1 large red onion sliced in rings
1 bag of cheddar cheese

1) Cook meat as you were making tacos. Drain and set aside.
2) Rinse and drain beans. Set aside.

3)Make your salad with all the above ingredients except for the chips, Wishbone and the taco sauce.
4)Right before serving crush tortilla chips and put on salad mix with the Wishbone and taco sauce.



Since this was for work I prepped everything the night before and combined the lettuce, tomato, and onion. I kept the beans and meat separate and added them the next day at work. (Instead of one can of red kidney beans I added 1 can of white kidney beans and 1 can of red beans, it's what I had on hand) After that I crushed my chips, and added my Wishbone and Salsa. This makes a ridiculous amount of salad and I only recommend making it if you are going to be serving it to a large group.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your blog! Nice job keeping it updated, and I love the simplicity of your recipes. This is definitely a site I'll check when I need dinner ideas!