7.29.2007

These are a few of my favorite things

Beer + Dip! I would die happy if I could drink beer and eat dip the rest of my life. The first time I've ever had this particular dip I was an 18 year old freshman in college. Drinking was a big part of my life. I was eating eating the dip with celery and thought hmm... I swear this has beer in it. My cousin (who made the dip) tried to convince me it didn't but I knew better! I've never met a person who didn't like this dip. I get lots of requests to make it! Also, I'm trying to improve my picture taking. I live in an apartment and don't have any windows in the kitchen. So I had to take my food to the living room to get the pictures, I don't prepare food on the carpet! Just take pictures of it there!

Beer Cheese Dip



2 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 pack of dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup of beer
Shredded Cheese to taste
Serve with: pretzels, tortilla chips, carrots, celery....

Combine soft cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and beer. The consistency will be weird, but just keep stirring. When the consistency becomes thick and smooth add cheese. Continue to stir
Top with cheese to taste.

A few notes on the recipe...

+Don't use 2 packages of fat free cream cheese, the consistency of the dip just won't turn out right. If you want to cut calories try a package of light and a package of full fat.

+I use whatever beer I have on hand to make this. Usually that is Bud Light. I know people who've made it with Honeyweiss and Miller Light.
+Keep stirring the mixture until the consistency gets smooth. It will look a little funky at first, but it will smooth out.
+I think the best this to eat with this dip is pretzels.

Here are a few pictures of the process....




1 comment:

Amanda said...

Mmmmm...beeeeeer diiiip. :)