7.31.2007

Kaboobs

As my husband likes to call them. I guess he can get away with it because we did use chicken breast. Anyhow, We've had some kabob skewers for a while now and so I decided we'd better make some kabobs. I know making kabobs doesn't take a genius but, I still looked around online for recipes just get some ideas. After looking on the net and in cookbooks I decided I wanted to use chicken because we had some frozen breasts in our freezer, green pepper, red pepper, and tomato. I really wanted to use onion too but the husband doesn't like them. We seasoned them with a "secret rub". I don't know what is in the rub, it's from a family friend.

Chicken Kabobs


Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breast cut in cubes
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Zucchini, cut diagonally into slices
1 Tomato cut in wedges
Marinade, rub, or seasoning of your choice

Slice/chunk veggies
Doctor up chicken and veggies
Put on skewers

Grill until veggies are tender and chicken is done.

OH and I almost forgot!! I made rice and it didn't suck! I used the microwave and was pissed to find out it was supposed to take the same amount of time as the stove. So I just cooked the rice at 100% rather than 50% and it worked. YAY!

This is what I walked in the door to, ready for the grill! YUM!

M, hard at work on our fabulous free grill!

No comments: