7.16.2007

Warm and Fluffy

Last night we had leftovers for dinner. I was really in the mood to bake. I looked at my list from last week and decided to go with Grandma McGee's Applesauce Cookies. I got this recipe from my friend Carrie. The cookies are so fluffy. My husband said they would be perfect with a glass of milk

Grandma McGee's Applesauce Cookies

2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soft stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup applesauce
Optional: 1 cup raisins, 1 cup chopped nuts

1) Stir all dry ingredients together except brown sugar.

2) Cream soft butter and brown sugar together until creamy. Add eggs, blend well and then add apple sauce and vanilla, blend well. Add dry ingredients, small amounts at a time blending well. Add raisins and nuts.

3) Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. well rounded teaspoons at a time.



Bake at 375 10 - 12 minutes or until bottoms are slightly brown


These cookies are very good. I couldn't get over how fluffy they were. Next time I make them I think I'll chop up an apple and add it to the mixture and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of each cookie before I place the them in the oven.

No comments: