How come some of the best tasting foods are absolutely horrible for you? Tonight I made Low Cal Oven "Fried" Chicken and Corn Casserole. They taste delicious but aren't quite as bad for you as some comfort foods. I have made the chicken before but never the casserole. It was so good!
Low Cal Oven "Fried" Chicken
10 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons fresh parsley (I use dried)
3/4 cup low calorie Italian dressing
1) Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley.
2) Dip the chicken in the Italian salad dressing and then roll in bread crumbs.
3) Place Chicken in baking dish that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray. Brush lightly with butter.
4) Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 45 minutes.
1 can cream corn
1 can regular corn
1 stick butter
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 small can sliced green chilis
8 oz sour cream
1)In a large casserole dish mix the corn, eggs, melted butter, Jiffy mix, and peppers. It's okay if the mixture is a little clumpy.
2) Dollop sour cream over dish. Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
This was the first time I've ever made this dish. It was so good! Next time ...... I'll add another can of chilis. I love to spice dishes up. I won't put the sour cream on top. I don't like sour cream. I just scooped it off the top and set it to the side. Next time if someone wants sour cream they can add it themselves after the dish has been cooked.