7.16.2007

Mornin' On Ya

My In-Laws came up for a visit this weekend so I made this for breakfast Sunday morning. I will definitely be making this again. Maybe even for dinner one night.

Farmers Casserole

Prep: 25 min Bake: 40 min Oven: 350 degrees

Non Stick Cooking Spray
3 Cups frozen shredded has brown potatoes
¾ Cup Shredded Cheddar
1 Cup Diced Cooked Ham or Canadian Style Bacon
4 Beaten Eggs or 1 cup Refrigerated Egg product
1 1/2 Cups Milk or one 12 oz Evaporated Milk
1/8 Tsp salt
1/8 Tsp black pepper


1) Coat 2 quart square baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham, and green onion.

2) In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.

3) Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean

To prepare ahead of time follow steps 1 and 2 cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Remove and bake for 50 - 55 mins.

Next time I make this I'll definitely make sure to use a 2 qt pan, I used a 3 qt and the casserole wasn't as thick as I'd like it to be. I'll also add some jalapenos, more pepper, and maybe more potatoes.

No comments: