Last night I had a Secret Santa exchange with some of my fabulous friends. It was a blast. I made beer dip and decided to make some cookies. I've been looking for an excuse to make these for a while now. With the name Santa's Surprise Cookies, I thought this was the perfect occasion.
Santa's Surprise Cookies
from Bright Ideas
1 bag DOVE® Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate *
1 bag SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures **
2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Combine the butter, peanut butter and sugars using a mixer on a medium to low speed until light and fluffy.
2. Slowly add the eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Then mix in the flour, salt and baking soda. Cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.
3. Unwrap all SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator. Divide into 1-tablespoon pieces and flatten. Place a SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures piece in the center of each piece of dough. Form each piece of dough into a ball around the SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures piece.
5. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted if using more than 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.)Let cookies cool on baking rack or wax paper.
6. When cool drizzle melted Dove Chocolate on top.
* Instead of using Dove Chocolate I used the rest of the almond bark I had in my pantry.
** This recipe says it yields 2 dozen cookies, mine made over 3 and a half dozen. I ran out of Snickers, so I started using different flavor Hershey Kisses in the place of the Snickers. The cookies with the Caramel Kisses are awesome.