1.22.2008

Finally!

When my friend Sarah moved to NYC, a bunch of us got together and made her a cookbook. My friend Audrey submitted a recipe for Chicken Marsala that I've been wanting to make for months but never have. Last night I finally made it and loved it. The recipe is so simple and so flavorful. I can't wait to make it again.

Chicken Marsala
(no pictures)

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms -omitted - I don't like mushrooms
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup cooking sherry

DIRECTIONS

1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.

2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love this recipe. So much flavor and so yummy over some buttered pasta!