1.10.2008

A Crock Pot Meal I like

I'm not a huge fan of crock pot meals. I own 5 crock pots but just don't care much for this cooking method. I'd rather have it right out of the oven. I like dips in crock pots and roasts and brisket but that's about it. My friend Leslie recommended this recipe a while back and I finally decided to give it a go.

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
My changes in italics

4 chicken breasts
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1 cup salsa
1 green pepper, rough chopped
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. reduced fat sour cream
4 servings brown rice
1ish c. corn
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
Fresh Cilantro to taste
Next time I'm also going to add 1 chopped red pepper

Place chicken breasts, corn, and chopped peppers in slow cooker with broth. In separate small bowl, combine soup, salsa, sour cream, seasonings and cilantro. Stir until combined. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 5 hours. Chicken should shred easily towards the end of cooking. Serve over hot brown rice.

This was very, very good (and simple - even better!) It will definitely be making an appearance in our house again.

No comments: