1.06.2008

The Lighter Side

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. I was in the mood for something light and spring-like so I turned to my RB's and found this recipe that Lolo posted. It's filling but not heavy, easy to prepare, and it seems pretty healthy too.

Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta


sorry my picture sucks

1 package of angel hair pasta
2 tsp of olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped (I used 2)
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 cups of boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste

Cook angel hair pasta about 8-10 minutes in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.

In large skillet (while pasta is cooking) over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, cover skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until tomatoes are soft.

Toss the sauce and pasta together in a large bowl. Top with bits of mozzarella and/or grated Parmesan cheese.

This dish will definitely be something I make again. The meal was complete with rolls, a salad, and a couple glasses of wine!

No comments: