1.22.2008

For the lazy baker.....

Sometimes a girl just feels lazy.... that's how I felt all weekend. I was really in the mood to bake, but it just seemed like such a hassle. When I opened my cabinet with all my baking supplies and a box of chocolate cake mix fell out and hit me on the head I decided to compromise. I'd do a cake mix with homemade frosting.

Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
from nickie75 on allrecipes.com



INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' sugar


DIRECTIONS
Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.


This frosting is sooo freakin good. It was so hard not to eat this right out of the bowl. It's just so light and fluffy. The taste reminds me of the peanut butter bars I made last month. I didn't let my cake cool all the way, so the frosting didn't spread very well, it ripped up part of the cake. :( I sprinkled some crushed Reese's Pieces on top of the cake to try and hide the messed up parts. :)

No comments: