1.20.2008

Fondue This

I had Swiss and Extra Sharp Cheddar left over from our last fondue night. Luckily, I found this recipe on Julia's blog that called for Swiss and Cheddar.

Melting Pot Cheddar Fondue
my modifications in italics

3 to 3 1/2 oz beer (I added quite a bit more b/c I added an extra 1/2 cup of cheese)
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1-2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, however much you prefer, it can be strong.
2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese1 cup Swiss cheese (I added 2 cups Swiss in order to use up the rest of my cheese)

Grate cheese and mix in some flour to very lightly coat the cheese and keep it from clumping.

Mix beer, mustard powder and garlic in the fondue pot, bring to a simmer.Add in cheese in small batches, and stir until the consistency is right. Add in Worcestershire sauce and continue stirring until thickened.

Serve with whatever dippers you prefer. We used sourdough and granny smith apples.

No comments: