12.09.2007

Dangerous...

To anyone who is trying to limit their sweets, home alone, bored, or just in the mood to make something super easy and delicious.... Dangerous. I found these while blog-stalking one of my favorite blogs a few weeks ago and I made them for a bake sale at work. They were one of the first things that sold out.... YAY! I also made them yesterday when I was stuck at home due to icy roads. I have a feeling I'll be making these peanut butter bars a lot.

Reese's Peanut Butter Bars
from ... and a cookie for dessert




1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used close to 1 1/2 cups)
11 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I think I used about 1 3/4 cup)

Combine graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add melted butter and peanut butter; stir to combine.

Press peanut butter mixture into a 9x13" dish. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.

Spread melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate until firm. Remove from refrigerator and let sit 15 minutes before cutting to avoid cracking.


1 comment:

Elite Entrees said...

I am making these today for Chris to take to a company Christmas party tomorrow! They look great!