5.02.2008

I'm a cheater...

I used refrigerated cookie dough for this recipe. There, I said it. I feel like such a fake! I really did plan on making these from scratch as found on Baking Bites. Unfortunately, I just didn't have the time. I seriously felt a sense of shame when I purchased the tube of cookie dough - how silly is that?? These cookies were the Million Dollar Winner from the Pillsbury Bake-Off competition. It's funny to think a "million dollar cookie" uses refrigerated cookie dough.

Even though these cookies won, for some reason I wasn't expecting much. I was happily proven wrong! They are DELICIOUS! I love the taste of the cinnamon and the peanut butter filling. I'm going to make another batch of these soon (from scratch!) and bring them into work, I just know my coworkers will love them.

Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
by: Carolyn Gurtz, winner of Pillsbury Bake-Off Competition



1/4 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury Create ‘n Bake refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled *Make sure your dough is almost frozen. I just took mine out of the fridge and it was kind of hard to work with.



Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside

In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.

Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.

Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.

Spray bottom of drinking glass with No-Stick Cooking Spray; press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough. I omitted this

Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.

No comments: