5.22.2008

Dulce de Leche Blondies

I found this recipe in the Cookie Bible over the weekend and knew I had to make it soon. Last night my brother in law and his girlfriend came over for dinner and I decided it was the perfect excuse to bake these up. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would give these an 8. Very good, (everyone LOVED them!) but kind of dry. I didn't bake these for the entire suggested time so I'm not sure why they were dry.

Dulce de Leche Blondies



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 baking pan Sift flour, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.

Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually stir in flour mixture Spread 1/2 to 2/3 of batter in prepared pan. (I used 2/3, next time I'll only do 1/2) Bake 7- 8 minutes; cool 5 minutes on wire rack.

Meanwhile, melt caramels and evaporated milk in nonstick saucepan over very low heat. Reserving 2 tablespoonfuls for drizzle, GENTLY SPOON remaining caramel mixture over baked layer in pan. Drop tablespoonfuls of remaining batter over caramel layer, swirl slightly with knife.

Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. Reheat reserved caramel, if necessary; drizzle over bars.





No comments: