5.09.2008

A Family Favorite

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, it's definitely one my favorite things she bakes. I'm not sure if these turned out quite as good as hers, but still pretty darn close. These cookies are different than what I normally like. These are chewy and crunchy all at the same time, I'm not really sure how to describe them except, Delicious!

Roxanne's Coconut Cookies



1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 baking soda
1/2 cup shortening (MIL does 1/4 c margarine and 1/4 c shortening)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oats
1 cup coconut

In large bowl cream shortening, margarine, and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend flour mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and coconut

Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet. Bake 375 for 9 - 12 minutes.

This batch made 14 large cookies for me.

No comments: