5.19.2008

Better Late Than Never

Last year before I started going back to school I belonged to a Women's Group. I always enjoyed going to WG, but with class, I had no time to go. I made it to the December WG, but haven't been since. My friend Julia also belongs to WG and in December gave everyone "cookie in a jar" mixes. I'm ashamed to say I never made mine until yesterday. I'm not a huge fan of cranberries, so I was kind of nervous to make them. Surprisingly though, they are really good. Even for an anti-fruit-in-dessert type of girl. :) The dough is just delicious and I love the White Chocolate Chips in it!

Cranberry Hootycreeks
From: Julia
Originally From: allrecipes



Ingredients
1 cup + 2 T all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions

Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed.

Attach a tag with the following instructions:

Cranberry Hootycreeks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy.

Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended (If dough is dry and crumbly, sprinkle with a bit of water so it sticks together better. I took Julia's advice and sprinkled some water and refrigerated the dough for a bit.)

Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies

1 comment:

Julia & Tyler said...

haha I'm glad you made them :) I looooove the dough, which is bad because I eat so much and get so few cookies out of it! I need to make them again soon.