5.19.2008

Chocolate Bliss

WOW! Is the first thought that came to my mind when I tried these. So rich, so chocolaty, the name of these bad boys says it all. This really is chocolate bliss. I planned on making dinner last night, but realized I was missing a key ingredient so my dinner plans went right out the window and I decided to bake.

I found a recipe for Chocolate Bliss Cookies in my Cookie Bible and decided to adapt it a bit. I changed a few of the ingredients and also decided to make bars instead of cookies. These would be perfect along with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. They kind of remind me of a Blondie because you can substitute anything in for your mix-ins. Caramel or Toffee would be fabulous. These are really dangerous. I could probably polish off all of them in one sitting. I had the hubs take them to work and his coworkers absolutely loved them!

Chocolate Bliss Cookie Bars
Adapted from: The Cookie Bible



4oz Ghirardelli Bitter Sweet Chocolate Squares, chopped
4 oz Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, chopped
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut flakes + more for topping
½ cup rice krispies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Microwave semisweet and bittersweet chocolate bars in a microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min., stirring after 1 min. (I checked it every 30 seconds) Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla; stir until well blended. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in white and semi sweet chips, coconut flakes and rice krispies.

Spread dough in greased, foil-lined 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 22 – 24 minutes. Top with coconut flakes to taste. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Makes 2 dozen

No comments: