5.04.2008

Delicious!

I've heard other bloggers rave about this dish but wasn't convinced. After seeing it on Annie's Eats I finally decided to give it a shot. I don't like shrimp so I substituted chicken and it was just delicious. Next time I make it I'm going to add some crushed red pepper to give it a little kick.

Penne al a Betsy
adapted from: The Pioneer Woman



1lb penne pasta
3 tbsp. butter, divided
3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 lb. large shrimp (I used 3 small chicken breasts)
1 small white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1 can plain tomato sauce (8oz)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Chopped Basil leaves, to taste

Prepare pasta according to package directions.

Melt 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook. Remove to a plate to let cool. (I cut the chicken into small pieces before I cooked it)

Heat 2 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. olive oil in the skillet. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally. Add the wine (or chicken broth) to the pan and let it evaporate for a few minutes. Chop the basil and parsley and set aside. Stir in tomato sauce and add the heavy cream, stir well to combine. Add chicken back to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the parsley and basil, mix well.

Add pasta to sauce and mix to combine. Serve


No comments: