11.16.2007

Forgetful Jones I

I totally forgot to take pictures and blog about all the dips I made this past weekend! We had the ever so popular rotel, beer dip, buffalo chicken dip, and this delicious homemade salsa! So the next 2 posts are dedicated to the Salsa and Buffalo Dip.

Homemade Salsa
I'm so mad I didn't take a picture. It was so pretty!
Originally from my friend Darcy, I adapted it a bit. My adaptations are in bold italics.

1 can of rotel (don't drain)
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can of white shoepeg corn (rinsed and drained)
1 red onion - chopped ( I used a white onion)
2 hot green chiles - chopped
1 green pepper - chopped
1 red pepper - chopped
3ish tablespoons of red wine vinegar
Shakes of pepper to taste
Shakes of dried cilantro to taste

Stir it all together, and it's done. It tastes better when it sits in the refrigerator overnight (or at least for a few hours).

I made this 24 hours ahead of time. A few times before the party started I tasted it and added more cilantro and red wine vinegar.

This is absolutely delicious. It is so fresh! Definitely a crowd pleaser.

No comments: