11.27.2007

Eat like a Rockstar

No, for cereal. Eat like a Rockstar. I got this recipe from my friend Rockstar. (Who originally got this recipe from Tastefully Simple) It's the perfect recipe to use up the leftover Shanksgiving Turkey. Before I started making it, I decide to have a few glasses of Shiraz. I was really nervous my wine wasn't going to go with the soup but it did. Soooo good!

Leftover Turkey Day Soup
(... I'm not sure what the real name is!)



2 cans Campbell's Southwest Type Soup (I used a Fiesta Nacho Cheese - that's all they had at the store)
5 c. hot water
1.5 cups shredded turkey
1/2 c. frozen corn
1 c. diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 c. jalapenos, diced (I diced hot green Chile peppers)

Whisk together the soup and water. Add turkey, corn, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Heat about 10 minutes, being careful not to scorch. Serve with Tortillas. I think it would be also good with shredded cheese, green onions, or sour cream.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So yummy! So yummy in fact that I just had another bowl for lunch today. The recipe wasn't really from TS though... just the soup. I made up the rest. :)