11.04.2007

A Camp Fire Favorite



Last Saturday in my hungover state I was looking at food blogs. I came across the blog of Sew Darn Cute. She had some phenomenal looking S’mores cupcakes . Now, I HATE making cupcakes but just had to try these.

S'mores Cupcakes



For the cupcake part use your favorite chocolate cake mix or make one from scratch. For the frosting:

2 or 3 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. tub of marshmallow cream

Cream the butter on high until it's light and fluffy. Add the confectioner's sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, and beat until fluffy each time. Beat in the vanilla until incorporated. Dump in the marshmallow cream and mix it up 'til it's all creamy. Transfer to pastry bag and pipe onto cupcakes. I don't have a pastry bag so I just cut the corner off a Ziploc bag - it worked great.

The tops are dusted with graham cracker crumbs, and each cupcake is topped with a square of Hershey's chocolate.

*For better pictures check out Sew Darn Cute's blog

Last night when I was finished mixing the frosting I tasted it and thought it was too buttery. I added a little more marshmallow and a little more powdered sugar and it was perfect.

I brought these over to my in-laws today and everyone seemed to like them. I had a cup cake last night and it was good but, I think they tasted better today. I could really taste the marshmallow. Yum!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

YUM!! I'm so glad you made these and that they turned out well! I'll have to give them a shot!