11.13.2007

Feelin' Cheesy

Since work was slow today I spent the day looking at food blogs. When I came across .... and a cookie for dessert , I was so excited. There are a ton of delicious recipes on there. I knew I wanted to make my Tastefully Simple Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup Mix for dinner.



When I found this recipe and I knew it be the perfect accompaniment to my soup. I decided to alter the original recipe and add some cheese to it.

Cheesy Drop Biscuits
(originally from cooking light)



Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
1 cup fat-free milk
1-ish cup of shredded cheese (I used a Colby/Monterrey/Cheddar Mix)
Cooking spray


Preparation:

Preheat oven to 450ยบ.Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk and cheese; stir just until moist.


Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove biscuits from pan immediately, and place on a wire rack.



These were so good! I don't know if I'll ever buy frozen biscuits again. When I make them with cheese again, I'm going to add more than a cup of cheese. The soup was great too! I added green and red peppers and carrots to give it more flavor, although it would have delicious without it.

No comments: