11.12.2007

Who Needs DQ?

My husband and I LOVE DQ Ice Cream Cake. In fact, we even cut a DQ cake at our wedding......

Last year I got him an ice cream cake for his birthday but, this year I wanted to make one. I searched the internet high and low and found this recipe from Allrecipes.com.

Easy Ice Cream Cake



16 ice cream sandwiches
1 (16 ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping
1 (12 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping, room temperature
1 (12 ounce) jar of caramel ice cream topping
1 Jar Nut Topping
1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy bar, grated

1) Place 8 of the ice cream sandwiches side by side in a 9x13 inch-baking dish.

2) Spread evenly with half of the hot fudge topping, followed by half of the caramel, sprinkle nuts over caramel, and then half of the whipped topping.

3) Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and toppings. Sprinkle with grated chocolate bar, add caramel, nuts, and chocolate.

4) Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving. Keep unused portion covered and frozen.

This turned out pretty good. Next time I make it I’m going to use 8 vanilla ice cream sandwiches and 8 chocolate. I’m also going to chop up a heath bar and put it in between the layers.

I used a little less than half of the toppings on the first layer which worked out well because the second layer is a little more difficult since the ice cream is not as frozen. If you go to allrecipes there are a ton of variations for the recipe.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Did the letters on your cake table say I DQ rather than I DO? :P