3.17.2008

Nanner Bread

This was my first time making banana bread. I'm not really sure why I never made it before. It was so easy. Usually when I bake things, I never bake for as long as the recipe states. Since this bake time is 50 - 75 minutes, I didn't even think to check it before 50 minutes. This still turned out so good, just a little darker than I would have liked. I will definitely be making this again!

Banana Bread
From: Amber's Delectable Delights



Ingredients:
3 bananas, smashed
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)

Directions:

1) Combine all ingredients except for nuts, using a mixer. Add nuts and mix by hand
2) Grease bread pan, Cook for 50 minutes at 350 degrees
3) Check with toothpick for doneness (may need to cook longer, possibly 15 more minutes)

This recipe can also be turned into muffins. Simply scoop the batter into 12 muffin cups. Cook at the same temperature but reduce bake time to 25 minutes

No comments: