3.17.2008

3rd Time's A Charm

I've tried to make this guacamole twice before and each time I manage to screw it up. We had tacos last week so I decided I had to try this one last time or I would never try it again. Well... success! I'm so excited, it was delicious.

Holy Guacamole
From my friend Stephanie, courtesy of Emeril Lagasse



Yield: 1/2 to 1 cup
1 avocado, peeled, halved, and seeded
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tbsp. minced yellow onion
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. Baby Bam (recipe at bottom)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. green pepper sauce

Chop avocado halves and place in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mash together until mostly smooth. Stir to evenly distribute ingredients. Serve immediately or store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.

Baby Bam

Yield: about 3/4 cup
3 tbsp. paprika
2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. dried parsley
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. celery salt

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine, using a wooden spoon. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.

No comments: