3.06.2008

Experimentations

My favorite cookies have become the Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies I first saw on Good Things Catered. I love these things and make a new batch every other week or so. On Saturday I wanted to make some but was low on chocolate chips. I looked around and decided to add some other goodies to make up for the lack of chocolate chips. I crushed up some bite size Heath Bars, chopped up a bittersweet Ghirardelli chocolate bar, and added some espresso powder.

Thick and Chewy's Cousin







These cookies are definitely different than your normal chocolate chip cookie. After I made the first dozen I decided to roll the cookies in sugar before putting them on the cookie sheet. That was the key, it added just a little bit of sweetness, just enough to balance out the espresso and the bittersweet chocolate. I love these bad boys. If were to make them again, I wouldn't crush the Heath Bar quite so finely. The big chunks of Heath provided a nice contrast to the other chocolates.


You can find the recipe HERE

Instead of 1 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips I did:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
8oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4oz chopped Heath Bar
1 - 2 tbsp espresso powder
Sugar - to roll dough in

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Heath bars and chocolate--I don't think you can beat it!