2.03.2008

Chicken Enchilada Dip

Last night M and I went to a birthday party for a friend. It seems like I always make the same old appetizers for parties so I decided to switch it up and bring Julie's Chicken Enchilada Dip. This stuff is delicious and super addicting!

Chicken Enchilada Dip

2 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
2 8oz packages of light cream cheese, softened
4 green onions, chopped
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chopped cilantro (dried is OK)
1 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika

In a non-reactive bowl, combine all ingredients. (I used a food processor so the chicken pieces are really small, making it easier to dip. Or you can just shred with forks if you like the chicken pieces bigger.) Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips - Julie suggests the lime flavored ones. I just served them with regular Tostitos.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awesome! This will also be making an appearance at my upcoming party. I was looking for something with meat in it but that wasn't too heavy/main dish-like. This is perfect!

Tiffany said...

Hi again,

I wanted to let you know that I'm doing a quick post about this dish next week. I've also added you to my blogroll on my blog because I've gotten so many great recipes from you! I hope that brings you a few extra hits now and then!