6.10.2008

Peanut Butter Fudge Drops?

The other day I was in the mood to bake. I wanted something that was easy and wouldn’t make a huge mess. I decided to look at a cook book my MIL gave me a couple years ago. The cook book was a fund raiser that the high school did. It’s full of lots of great recipes – especially desserts! So I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge and decided I needed to make it.

Well, I forgot I suck at making any sort of fudge or candy. Please see this example. Maybe my mixture wasn’t at the soft-ball stage or maybe it was too humid out. Whatever the reason, I didn’t end up with peanut butter fudge. My fudge never set and I ended up with Peanut Butter Fudge Balls/Drops/Spoonfuls/Forkfuls. I even tried to freeze it so I could maybe get a picture of a square that looked like fudge is supposed to. No Luck.


It still tastes mighty yummy, I'm just disappointed it didn't set.


Peanut Butter Fudge (Drops)

From: A Taste of Heaven




2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar

2 Cups White Sugar

1/4 Cup Butter

1/4 Cup Milk

1.5 Cups Peanut Butter

2 tsp vanilla extract

2 Cups Mini Marshmallows


Butter a 9X9 inch pan and set aside

In a 3 quart saucepan, combine white sugar, brown sugar, milk and butter. Cook to soft-ball stage, (about 234 degrees). Remove from heat.

Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and marshmallows; continue stirring until marshmallows are melted.

Pour into prepared pan and cool. Cut into squares and serve.

Look at all this sugar... Insane!




No comments: