8.05.2007

Success!

It happened. I successfully made rice.

We don't usually cook on Sundays, it's either fend for yourself or leftovers. Tonight was no exception, we had plenty of leftovers from last night's stir fry. I didn't want the exact same meal so, I decided to give rice a shot. At first I was just planning on having good old fashioned brown rice but after reading about Jules' "fried" rice I wanted to do something similar. This gave me a chance to use my $0.50 Tupperware Veggie Steamer I bought at a garage sale last summer and the delicious Frozen Sugar Snap Peas I had.

Easy Ginger "Fried" Rice


1 Cup brown rice
Carrots
Peas
Tomato (because we have a ton of them)
2 Eggs
Ginger Flavored Soy Sauce

Prep:
Cooked 1 cup brown rice
Steamed and chopped carrots
Cooked and chopped frozen snap peas
Chopped tomato

Cook 2 eggs in large skillet. When eggs are almost scrambled add rice, carrots, peas, and tomato. Stir in Soy Sauce to taste. I started out with a tablespoon but added more. Heat Thorough.

Here's the final product with the stir fry:

No comments: