8.04.2007

The Compromised Stir Fry

Tonight was very laid back. 5:00 mass, grocery store, and dinner. Ever since Sarah mentioned stir fry, I've really been wanting it. If you know me, you know that I'm an extremely picky person. I hated stir fry up until our honeymoon in Jamaica. Since then though, I've been a convert. Before we left for Church, we did an inventory of our food. M really wanted to use a bag of frozen veggies that we've had for a while. I really wanted to use fresh veggies. Well, we all know marriage is about compromise so, we decided to use the frozen veggies and throw some fresh ones in there too.


S&M Compromise Stir Fry


-1 green bell pepper
-1 red bell pepper
-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
-1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup baby carrots
-1 bag frozen mixed veggies (ours had red potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans, and some unidentified yellowish looking veggie!?)
-1 can water chestnuts
-Soy Sauce
-Ginger flavored Soy Sauce
-1 tsp of oil
- 1lb of Beef Stew Meat

1) Saute onions in oil. Add beef and frozen veggies. Cook until veggies are no longer frozen.
2) Add fresh veggies and water chestnuts to mixture. Cook Through
3) Add a Soy Sauce to taste (we used a few "splashes")
4)Add Ginger Flavored Soy Sauce to taste (we used 9 or 10 "splashes')

Serve with rice or noodles. (I didn't feel like dealing with rice tonight so I just had the stir fry on its own). M decided he wanted some fresh corn on the cob with his. (Weird, I know)




A couple notes:
*This goes great with red wine. I had MonteVina Zinfandel. OHMYGOSH. Amazing.
*The type of Ginger Flavored Soy Sauce I used.... House of Tsang.
*Next time I'm adding baby corn. I'm so mad I forgot to buy it!

No comments: