8.18.2007

One Dish Meal

One of the showers I had before the wedding was a recipe shower. This recipe is from that. It's one of M's favorite things to eat. I think it's alright, just not my favorite. It's kind of bland so to spice it up I added some fresh green chili's.

Black Bean and Corn Skillet


1lb ground beef or turkey
1box 8oz Black Beans and Rice (I use 7oz Zatarain's)
1 can Rotel
3/4 bag corn
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup chopped green chilis
Cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, other toppings

Cook beef - drain. Stir in Rice and beans, Rotel, corn, cilantro, and 2.5 cups of water. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min or until water has been absorbed.

M loves to eat this with chips. I like to eat it like a burrito. I had left overs the next day and was out of salsa so I cubed some Velveeta, added some onion, cilantro, and taco seasoning and melted it in the microwave. I added it to the mixture and it was so good. I highly recommend that.


No comments: