7.03.2008

Penzeys

We received a Penzeys Spices gift box as a wedding gift. It had 9 different spices and bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and whole nutmegs. I remember thinking it was a strange gift when I opened it. Who would have thought just a short time later I'd fall in love with that stuff!

I finally busted open the Pasta Sprinkle last Sunday. We're going out of town tomorrow, so I didn't want to go to the store this week. The goal was to use up the veggies and whatever else we could find. For this meal I cooked pasta (a mixture of rotini and penne), sautéed broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, and carrots, and added some grilled chicken and crumbled bacon I tossed it with a little bit of red wine vinegar and salt and pepper and added the Pasta Sprinkle. Top with a little parm cheese and you have a delicious pasta meal.

So simple, inexpensive and tasty. The next day I added some baby spinach and took it to work for lunch. It was even better!


1 comment:

Patsyk said...

Oh, I love my Penzey's spices! That's a fantastic gift to receive. I have the Pasta Sprinkle, too... and am taking note of what you used it for since I have some of those ingredients on hand already.