7.21.2008

Blast from the past

This reminds me of something we used to have at my Grandma K's growing up. Last Sunday we had a simple dinner of grilled chicken, cous cous and veggies. This Banana Pudding was dessert, it may just be the perfect summer time dessert!

Creamy Banana Pudding
Source: cooks.com



1 3oz package of instant banana pudding
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1.5 cups cold water
1 8oz container of cool whip
Vanilla Wafters
5 - 6 Medium Bananas, sliced

In large bowl combine water and condensed milk add pudding and beat until well blended. Fold in whipped cream - (I used probably 3/4 of the container). In baking dish (I used a 2 qt pyrex) layer Vanilla Wafers, banana slices, and pudding mixture. Continue in layers ending with pudding on top. Cover and Chill for 3 hours. When serving top with additional wafers, banana slices, and cool whip.

This dessert gets better the longer it sits in the fridge. The next day, it was heavenly!

1 comment:

Patsyk said...

There is simply no other way to have banana pudding than with vanilla wafers! I haven't had this in years, and now I'm craving it!