2.06.2009

Gooey Double Chocolate Cookies

I found this recipe over on Patsy's blog and decided I had to make it right away. Any recipe with the words Double and Chocolate in name are right up my alley. One thing I love about this recipe in particular is Patsy created it.

I wasn't quite sure how I would do with the recipe because it involves marshmallows. Anytime I've used marshmallows in cookies they end up leaking out of the cookie while in the oven and the cookie spreads quite a bit. I made sure to chill the dough before baking to try and prevent the cookies from spreading. Unfortunately it didn't do much good with the first dozen I baked..



They ended up thin and crispy, not soft and gooey. The next batch I threw in the oven, I made sure the marshmallows were not touching the baking sheet. This seemed to work out much better. The cookies were definitely softer and gooier (is that even a word!?). I loved the chocolate and marshmallow combination, particularly right out of the oven.

I made two changes to the recipe based on the ingredients I had in my house. I used regular cocoa powder instead of dark and used dark chocolate chips instead of milk.

Gooey Double Chocolate Cookies
Source: Family, Friends and Food



Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup Butter flavor Crisco shortening
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows



Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Combine brown sugar through vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat a medium speed on a mixer until creamy. Add egg, and blend well.

Combine flour through cocoa powder, then add to the shortening mixture. Beat at a low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Allow about 1-2 inches between each cookie, they don't spread too much.Bake for 9-11 minutes.

Allow to cool on pan for about 4-5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for 5 days, if they last that long.Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Patsyk said...

Looks like they turned out nicely for you the 2nd time around. I think yours look better than mine did!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!