8.10.2008

Veggies, the fun way!

No my friends, that is not a leaf you see on the cookie below. It's zucchini. I found this recipe on Amber's Delectable Delights and was intrigued. I thought it sounded tasty, but at the same time they seemed kind of odd. I realized I would never know if I liked these unless I made them, so I decided to give these babies a whirl.

The result was quite pleasant. I love the taste of the cinnamon, zucchini, and walnuts. Combine that with the chocolate and your taste buds will be very, very happy!

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Found on: Amber's Delectable Delights
Orginially From: RecipeZaar


Ingredients
This made 60 cookies... next time I'll cut this recipe in half.

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 small zucchini, grated approximately 2 cups of grated zucchini)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I only had one cup of semisweet, so I subbed a cup of Hershey's Mini Kisses)
1 1/2-2 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with Parchment paper.

Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into the butter mixture, gradually; mix well.

Stir in the zucchini, fold in the walnuts (optional), and chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoonfuls with two (2) inches between each cookie-- onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Do not over-bake, or you will not enjoy your cookies. (I used a cookie scoop and made about 60 cookies. Mine baked for 10 -11 min)

Let stand to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove and place on wire racks to allow to cook completely.

No comments: