9.03.2007

Maybe I should rename my blog?

Instead of Simply Tasty, it should be named "Misadventures in Cooking". I'm always making mistakes when I cook. I think it has something to do with the fact that I skim over recipes rather than really reading them.


I've been craving No-Bake Cookies for a few weeks, as soon as we got home Monday night, I decided to make them. I realized my sticks of butter are all frozen, so I take one out to melt a bit . I then looked at the recipe and realized, man, this calls for 2 cups of butter. Now, I think that amount sounds odd, but didn't check it again. So I melt my butter and start adding the other ingredients when I realized that the recipe only called for 1/2 cup of butter. DOH! Well needless to say my cookies didn't exactly turn out. I kept adding more oatmeal, PB, coconut, and coco to the mix but they just aren't setting. Don't get me wrong, they are delicious, but I have to keep them in the fridge.... Here is the correct, incredibly easy, recipe!

No Bake Cookies
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
½ cup coconut
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cook oatmeal

Combine the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa powder in a large saucepan. Cook over high heat until it comes to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 1 minute, take off the stove, and mix in vanilla, peanut butter, coconut, and oats. Quickly drop in heaping tablespoon size amounts onto a sheet of tin foil or wax paper and place in fridge to let harden.

Here is a pic I stole from the net:

No comments: