8.24.2008

Restaurant Style

I'm typically not a fan of red meat. I'll eat it occasionally, but I'd much rather have a plate of raw veggies in front of me. For some reason last night I was craving steak - totally unlike me. I was also craving some asparagus on the grill. Since I was home by myself I was going to ignore my craving, but then thought, what the hell, grill some meat just for you.

So I went to the store and had no idea what kind of meat to buy. I looked at all the choices and had(have) no clue what all the cuts of beef were(are). I ended up with some boneless rib meat b/c the pieces were small. (I sound like such a girl saying that) and it was extra lean. I turned to All Recipes for a marinade that turned out AWESOME!!! My meal seriously tasted like it came from a restaurant. So, so, so good! I can't wait to make this for Matt, he'll be super impressed!

Marinade for Steak
From: All Recipes



The amounts below are just for my one little piece of meat. Go here and it will take you to the original recipe and the serving calculator. My adaptions in italics

1 tablespoon and 1-3/4 teaspoons vegetable oil
2-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar I used balsamic vinegar
1-1/4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
1/8 onion, sliced
1/4 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp brown sugar

In a medium bowl, combine the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, ground black pepper, mustard, onion, and garlic. Mix together well, and use to marinate your favorite meat. (I let my meat marinate for about 3 hours)

No comments: